We've put together screenshots of the entire MPC Renaissance installation and software unlock process. Whether you're troubleshooting, or just curious, this step-by-step visualization of the installation could be just what you're looking for.
- Software Installation Process
- Software Unlock Procedure
- Authorization Assistance
- Also see...
- Further Product Support
Before you can unlock the MPC software, you'll need to run all three installers from Disk 1 - MPC Software (included in the box):
- Your MPC Renaissance or Studio needs to be connected to your computer's USB port, and powered on.
- To perform the (easy) online authorization, you'll also need an active internet connection to successfully unlock the MPC Software. There is an offline process as well, but you'll need access to another computer that is online to complete..
- The software can be unlocked three times total.
We've put together a video of the online unlock process below:
- Connect the MPC Renaissance to a power source and to a USB port on your computer.
- Power on MPC Renaissance.
- Launch the MPC software.
- In the dialogue box that appears, click Unlock Now.
- In the window that opens, enter your information into all fields. When making your entries, use English characters only.
IMPORTANT: remember the name and email address that you enter.
- If your computer is connected to the Internet, click Unlock Now, and enjoy your MPC!
If the computer is not connected to the Internet, follow these additional steps instead of Step 6:
- Perform steps 1-5 from the Online Process above.
- Do not click Unlock Now (as in step 6 above). Click Use Web Form instead.
- The window that appears will have your name, serial number, and software ID number provided.
- Click Save Details to save this information as a .txt file, or copy the information from each field into another file of your choosing. Put this file on a thumb drive or disk.
- Go to another computer that is connected to the Internet, go to the site below:
Enter the information you copied in step 2 above, and click Unlock My MPC.
- Copy the unlock code from the window that appears. Write it down, or save it back to a text file on your thumb drive.
- Return to the computer that you are authorizing. In your MPC software, go to the window from Step 5 above and click Enter Code.
- Enter your name and the unlock code generated by the webpage.
- Click Unlock, and enjoy your MPC!
- Make sure you've followed all of the instructions here, including installing the drivers.
- Contact the Akai Pro Authorization Support team at www.akaipro.com/authorizationhelp.
- Akai MPC Renaissance articles on noterepeat.com
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Frequently Asked Questions
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Product page at Akai Pro's website
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Quickstart Manual
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Reference Manual
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.