This guide will walk through the very simple steps required to replace a belt on a belt driven turntable
Turntable Belt Replacement Guide
The pictures below are of the ION Audio TTUSB05. Your turntable may look slightly different, but the procedure is very similar.
- Remove both the record, and the slip mat from the turntable. Some platters may have a horse shoe locking pin that will also need to be removed before you can remove the platter. This can easily be removed by applying a little force with a screw driver and prying it against the opening.
- Remove the platter by pulling straight up, and off the spindle.
- Place the platter upside down on a flat surface and stretch the new belt around the inner ring. It is important to center the belt on the ring. Make sure it is on straight, and free of any twists.
- With the belt is on, flip the platter over and place it back on the turntable spindle. Rotate the platter so that you can see the brass motor spindle through one of the openings in the platter. In most cases this spindle is in the bottom left corner of the turntable.
- Pull the belt from the platter so and stretch it around the motor spindle. If the belt is not centered on the spindle your turntable may playback at inaccurate speeds.
- If your turntable has a slip mat, place it back on the platter. Your turntable is now ready to play!