The Rane HA6S is a universal, multi-purpose mixer and headphone amplifier for rehearsal, studio or stage. the Rane HA6S features six independent high-power stereo amplifiers in one compact rack unit that delivers maximum audio quality, perfect for headphones, in-ear monitors, or personal monitor mixing. This guide will answer popular questions about the features and functionality of the Rane HA6S.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many headphones/monitors can I connect at once?
- What is the input/output impedance?
- Can you add a separate input to each individual channel?
- What is the frequency response?
- Are the inputs and outputs of the HAS6 Balanced or unbalanced?
- Can I use the HA6S to route microphone signals?
- Can I connect the HA6S directly to my computer?
- Can the HA6S be mounted to a rack?
- What is the dimensions and weight of the HA6S?
- Where can I find the user manual for the HA6S?
- Where can I get further technical support?
There are a total of 18 output ports. Each channel has three 1/4' output ports; 6 fully independent ports that are found in the front and additional 2 dependent ports for each channel in the back of the unit.
- Main Input: 50kΩ balanced, 25kΩ unbalanced
- AUX IN and DIRECT IN: 25 kΩ unbalanced
- Audio Output: Dependent on the input impedance
Each channel provides three headphone outputs. These jacks are all connected in parallel. For best results, please take note the impedance levels:
- When connecting one headphone to each channel, the minimum impedance of the headphone should be 100 ohms.
- When connecting two headphones to each channel, the minimum impedance of each headphone should be 200 ohms.
- When connecting three headphones to each channel, the minimum impedance of each headphone should be 300 ohms.
Yes! The AUX IN ports on the front of the HA6S are inputs for each individual channel. This provides a separate stereo input signal which can be mixed in with the Main Input signal.
Frequency response is 10–50,000 Hz, ±3dB.
All inputs and the outputs, both TRS and XLR, are balanced, though can be used with unbalanced cables if necessary.
The HA6S is designed for line level signals, though can be used to route microphone signals if properly amplified first with a preamp or mixer.
Please note: the HA6S will not provide phantom power. It is also recommended not to send phantom power through the HA6S to avoid accidentally sending phantom power to the wrong devices.
The HA6S is an external rack headphone amplifier that would require connection to an alternate computer audio interface for the signal to be directed to your computer.
For secure mounting, use a universal rack shelf available from various rack manufacturers or your local musical instrument dealer. The Rane HA6S fits into a standard 19" (483 mm) rack. Please allow at least an additional 10" (254 mm) depth for the connectors on the rear panel. Be sure there is enough space around the unit for sufficient ventilation. Do not place HA6S on high-temperature devices (such as power amplifiers) to avoid overheating.
- Dimensions(width x depth x height):19.0” x 8.54” x 1.7” (483 mm x 217 mm x 44 cm)
- Weight 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg)
You can find the user manual of the HA6S here, click the link below.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Rane Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Rane Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.