The Akai MPC Touch boasts a 7" touchscreen that allows you to have full control over your projects without ever looking away from the hardware. The MPC Touch is recognized by your computer as an extra display, so making sure that it is set up properly is very important. This guide reviews some of the most common questions and concerns you could have about the display while configuring or using the MPC Touch.
- If I already have a DisplayLink driver installed on my computer, can I use the MPC Touch?
- My MPC Touch doesn’t stay on when I exit the MPC Software. Can’t the screen act as a desktop extender?
- Why do I see my desktop on the MPC Touch screen?
- Can I change the orientation of the MPC Touch display?
- Can I set the MPC Touch to mirror my main display?
- Can I see the MPC Touch interface on my main display by turning on “display mirroring”?
- I’ve opened a plugin and can’t see it on my screen…
- My software is frozen and I can’t click anywhere...
- Can I view my desktop on the MPC Touch while running the MPC Software?
- I’ve pressed CONTROL+ALT+DELETE or COMMAND+OPTION+ESCAPE and now I can’t click anywhere…
- Does the MPC Touch screen allow touch gestures when being used as a desktop extender?
- Where can I find further support for this and other Akai Pro products?
We recommend uninstalling any other DisplayLink USB drivers you may have on your computer before installing the MPC Touch.
The MPC Touch screen utilizes DisplayLink drivers to interact with your computer. You have the option of having the screen only turn on while using the MPC Software, or staying on as a desktop extender once you close the software. You’re first given this option during installation.
You can also switch between the MPC Touch display modes from the MPC Software. In PREFERENCES, choose HARDWARE. Under CONTROLS you will see the options for the display.
While you will be able to view the MPC Touch display in your monitor preferences, changing orientation and other settings is not supported and may cause undesirable results.
We recommend turning any sort of display mirroring OFF. It is advised to leave all display parameters for the MPC Touch at their default setting.
Making sure display mirroring is disabled on a PC
- Open your Display settings via the Control Panel or by right-clicking the desktop and choosing Screen Resolution.
- Select Extend desktop to this display in the Multiple Displays dropdown.
Making sure display mirroring is disabled on a Mac
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Displays.
- Select Arrangement.
- Uncheck Mirror Displays.
On the MPC Touch, hold SHIFT and press ERASE to toggle between viewing the MPC Software and viewing your desktop. It’s possible for plugin GUIs or dialog windows to accidentally pop up underneath the MPC Touch interface so it’s helpful to know how to switch back and forth. This also allows for creative ways to view content while you work.
Touch gestures are ONLY available when using the MPC Software. You cannot use the touchscreen to control any other applications displayed on your MPC Touch.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.