Many situations demand a capable PA system that can cover a large area with powerful, articulate sound, but is easy to set up and flexible enough to handle a wide variety of inputs and auxiliary equipment. The ION Audio Total PA Plus is everything you need in an all-in-one PA system: A 350-watt bi-amplified, equalized sound system driving a 15-inch woofer and 1-inch tweeter covers even the largest spaces with clear, vibrant sound. It has a multi-channel mixer with Master volume control and XLR inputs to maximize sound quality. You can wirelessly stream music from any Bluetooth® device, use the built-in music player to read music files using the USB port or SD card slot or take advantage of the on-board FM radio with 30 presets. This article answers some of your most frequently asked questions about Total PA Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I connect with Bluetooth?
- How far is the Bluetooth range?
- Does Total PA Plus include a remote control?
- How loud can it get?
- Can I use the physical input and Bluetooth at the same time?
- Will the USB port charge my phone?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- There is a hissing noise coming from Total PA Plus. What can I do to prevent this?
- I'm having difficulty pairing my Bluetooth device to Total PA Plus. Am I doing something wrong?
- Further Technical Support
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Total PA Plus.
- Select Bluetooth mode using the Mode button and Total PA Plus will go into pairing mode to search for any available Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find Total PA Plus, and connect.
Note: Users should consider updating their device's OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
- To disconnect pairing, turn off Bluetooth on your device or select "forget this device" from your device.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
The range of the Bluetooth connection of Total PA Plus is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around, there are no obstructions between the audio source and Total PA Plus, and it is not in a pocket or covered in any way. The range can be also be affected by the Bluetooth chipset in the audio source as well.
Yes. The included wireless remote can control Playback, Pause, Next, Back, Volume, EQ, and more. For more information on the functions the remote can control, see p. 6 in the ION Total PA Plus Quickstart Guide.
Total PA Plus contains a 15" woofer and 1" Tweeter allowing for 350W of peak power for a big, powerful sound.
Yes! Both the audio from a Bluetooth connected device and a physical input can play at the same time.
The included USB port is intended for use with a flash drive to play back audio files and does not provide a charging source for any USB connected devices.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Total PA Plus is a 350 Watt powered PA speaker capable of reaching large audiences over a wide distance. Any PA speaker of this type will produce some amount of normal hiss when turned up.
Total PA Plus’ noise characteristics are excellent compared to similar products in the market. If the speaker is hissing noticeably, it is turned up too high for the given listening environment:
- A high volume setting appropriate for close or quiet listening will not produce objectionable noise.
- The most common cause for objectionable noise is turning up the speaker too high to compensate for an incoming audio source that is too quiet.
- This is a common mistake in live sound, and is easy remedy with correct settings and setup.
The solution is to appropriately increase volume of the incoming audio so that it is as loud as possible (without clipping) before coming into the speaker to be amplified. With CD/MP3/Bluetooth music playback, it means turning up the playback device. With microphones and other audio sources, it means moving the mic closer to the speaker/performer or turning up the instrument.
This process of properly adjusting signal levels to prevent the introduction of noise is called Gain Staging.
We've put together a handy guide to help you if you're having difficulty pairing your Bluetooth device to Total PA Plus. Visit our article, Bluetooth Pairing - Tips and Troubleshooting, for some helpful tips and tricks.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.