The Helios is the perfect way to set a special mood with beautiful lighting and create futuristic wall art, while also enjoying vibrant stereo sound. Helios™ has self-powered stereo speakers built into an attractive go-anywhere dome-like housing that’s less than 7” in diameter and only 1.5”deep at its highest point. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Helios.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's in the box?
- What are the dimensions? How much does the Helios weigh?
- Is the Helios battery-powered? How long does the battery last?
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- Is the battery user-replaceable?
- How many speakers does the Helios have?
- Can the Helios make or answer phone calls?
- Will the Helios stream music from my TV or Computer?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth device to the Helios?
- What is the range of the Bluetooth connection?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- My Helios is powering off randomly. What's going on?
- Further Technical Support
The Helios comes bundled with the following items:
- Micro-USB cable
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Quickstart Guide
The Helios is 6.93" x 6.93" x 1.69", and weighs 1.04 pounds.
Yes! The Helios can be powered for up to 7.5 hours running only the LEDs with no audio playing, or up to 5.5 hours with LEDs on and audio playing at 50% volume. Keep in mind, higher volume levels will significantly decrease the battery life of the Helios speaker.
It takes approximately 5.5 to fully-charge the Helios. The LED will be solid red when the battery is charging and will turn off when the battery is either fully-charged, or no adapter is connected.
The battery is not user-replaceable. If the battery will not charge or hold a charge, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
The Helios has 2 1.5" woofers.
Absolutely! Press the Answer Call button (to the left of the volume rocker) to answer a call. To disconnect a phone call, press and hold the button.
You can, but Bluetooth streaming from a computer or TV is often not nearly as reliable as streaming from a smartphone or tablet, as this is typically reserved for low-level devices, such as keyboards and mice. You may notice difficulty pairing, audio dropouts, or reduced range when streaming from a computer or TV. It is highly recommended to stream from a smartphone or tablet.
- Press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds to power on Helios.
- Open Bluetooth settings on our music device (smartphone, tablet, etc.)
- Connect to Helios.
Note: If your device requires a passcode or PIN, enter the number zero ("0") four times.
- Play music and adjust the volume with the -/+ controls.
- To disconnect the Bluetooth connection, hold the Play/Pause button for 2 seconds.
The range of the Bluetooth connection is approximately 30.5 meters (100') with no obstructions.
If the sound from your Helios is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source. If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Audio Technical Support.
The Helios will power off after 15 minutes if no audio is playing and the LEDs are ot active.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the ION Audio technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.ionaudio.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.