Art-Net is a protocol for sending DMX commands over an ethernet connection. This setup guide will provide you with the steps necessary in setting up the Marq Lighting SceniQ software with Art-Net enabled device. This guide will also show you how to control the fixture based on your lighting system configuration (menu options will vary based on fixture).
- What is Art-Net?
- Requirements for Art-Net capability in SceniQ
- Setting up the IP address on your computer
- setting up the IP address on the device you're using
- Setting up the SceniQ software for Art-Net
- Further Technical Support
Art-Net allows sending and receiving of multiple DMX universes over Ethernet. Art-Net uses Ethernet to transmit and receive DMX data over a CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable, no special DMX cables are required. Art-Net to DMX node(s) can also be used in this system.
To unlock the Art-Net capability inside the SceniQ software, the SceniQ 2X2 or greater is required
Use following steps to set up an IP Address on a computer. The following example uses the Windows 10 operating system
- Connect the CAT 5e or CAT 6 cable to your computer.
- Right click on the Start Menu.
- Select Network Connections.
- Right-click on the Ethernet connection that the Art-Net system is connected to. (In this image it is Ethernet 2)
- Select Properties.
- Click on Internet protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on Properties.
- Type the IP address you want to use (Recommended IP range 18.104.22.168).
- Type in the appropriate Subnet mask (This example uses 255.0.0.0).
- Click OK.
- Note: If there is no conflict it will make the changes. If there is a conflict recheck the IP address and subnet mask
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is connected to the Input jack.
- Scroll to the Network Settings using the menu key on your device.
- Enter the IP address (For this example use 22.214.171.124).
- Enter Subnet Mask used in the previous section (255.0.0.0).
- Set the fixture to the proper DMX address for its placement in the universe.
- Set the proper channel mode operation for the fixture.
- Connect SceniQ 2X2 to an available USB port on the computer (This step is required to unlock the Art-Net capability in the SceniQ software).
- Open the SceniQ software.
- Select USB.
- Click the Arrow Icon to continue.
- Select your Ethernet adapter / IP address in the top right corner if the menu.
- Click on the Right arrow to continue.
- Inside the SceniQ software click Tools.
- Select Options.
- Select the Art-Net icon (left-hand column).
- Ensure your Ethernet connection shown in the top right corner matches your adapter in the previous steps (Network Interface).
- Select the IP address(s) you intend to use shown in the list view (For multiple selections hold the control key while selecting each address with the mouse).
- Click on the Edit Icon to assign your fixture to the universe you are using.
- Click on the check mark inside the edit menu to finish the setup process.
- Select the check mark in the Art-Net settings to confirm setup.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.