Mini Grand is a simple to use yet powerful virtual piano instrument with seven different acoustic piano sounds to suit a broad range of musical styles and production needs. This guide covers how to download and install AIR Mini Grand on your computer.
If you purchased AIR Mini Grand virtual instrument, you will be provided a direct download link during the purchase process. Simply click on the link and download to your computer, then skip to the installation procedure below.
AIR also offers the Mini Grand as a trial version. To obtain the trial version, visit the AIR Mini Grand product page and follow the steps suggested below:
- Click on the box that says Trial Version.
- Next enter the information the page requests and choose the appropriate download (PC or Mac).
- Enter email and code to get to the download link page.
- You will be forwarded to a page with your download link. Once you click on the link your download will begin.
On a Mac, the download will be one single file. Simply run the installation file to begin.
On a Windows computer you will want to right-click on the downloaded file and select Extract. Once extracted, the files will be shown as in the image below.
- On a Windows computer, be sure that all the extracted files are in a single folder before beginning. Then, run the file titled MiniGrand_1.2.6_Setup.exe and proceed through the install.
- Accept the Agreement and choose Next.
- Ensure both the 32-Bit and 64-Bit boxes are checked. This is extremely important. If both options are not chosen, you may not be able to locate the application file to run the standalone version of the DVI or the plugin. Then choose Install.
- This install may take a few minutes. Once it is done click on Restart and allow the computer to restart to finalize the install.
To authorize AIR Mini Grand, it needs to be scanned in your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Some programs like Pro Tools scan automatically while it opens. Other DAWs require the correct file path to be added before it will scan a new plugin. In the example below, we authorize Air Mini Grand using the Akai Pro MPC Software.
First, in the MPC software, go to Edit > Preferences to open the Preferences window. Click on the Plugins tab, and add the correct folder where the AIR Mini Grand plugin is located. Then choose Scan New.
On a Windows computer, the default installation location for both the 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugin is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SONiVOX
On a Mac, the default VST installation location is \Library\Audio\Plug-ins\VST and the default AU installation location is \Library\Audio\Plug-ins\Components
- Once it is scanned the authorizer will open.
- To activate, click on Activate and enter your Activation Code. If you choose to Try, you will be prompted to log in or create an ilok user account. This is required for security and trial version purposes.
- It will then ask where you would like to save the license file. You can choose to save it to your computer or your USB iLok (not included).
- Air Mini Grand will now show in your iLok user account (which can be viewed by opening the iLok Manager) and you are ready to use the software in your DAW of choice.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an AIR product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the AIR technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.