AIR Music Technology utilizes Pace/Eden security created by iLok. Any software that uses Pace/Eden security can be de-activated if necessary, using the included iLok License Manager which is installed with any AIR software title. The license can then be re-activated to any other computer or an iLok key, which is registered to the same user account. This guide walks through the steps necessary to deactivate and reactivate the licenses.
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Activating a License with the iLok License Manager
- Deactivating the Licenses on your Computer
- FAQ and Troubleshooting
- I authorized my license with the software's authorizer and now I can't activate on a different computer. What do I do?
- When I attempt to redeem my activation code, I get an error stating the redemption limit has been reached. What do I do?
- When I try to open iLok I get an error stating "Software Component Unavailable." What do I do???
- Learn More About iLok License Manager
- Further Technical Support
iLok can be tricky and there are a few points that you should keep in mind upfront.
- One activation code authorizes up to two devices at a time. For example, this could include two computers or (1) computer and (1) iLok dongle.
- License activation requires an active internet connection. If the target computer does not have access to the internet, the license will need to be activated to an iLok dongle using a computer with an active internet connection.
- A license can be activated through the software authorizer or through the iLok License Manager directly.
- A license can be deactivated using the iLok License Manager, allowing you to transfer an authorization to a different computer.
- If the license is placed on a computer and that computer fails, or the operating system is re-installed without deactivating the license, that license is permanently lost.
- To avoid permanently losing any licenses, you can choose to save the license to an iLok key (sold separately) or deactivate the license before making changes to the system.
In the following guide, we'll show you how to make the most of your authorizations by keeping track of their location and preventing loss. If you experience any errors during this process, be sure to visit our troubleshooting section at the bottom of the guide.
While all of our plugins can be activated through their designated authorizer applications, in some cases it's more efficient to just enter your authorization code directly into the iLok License Manager.
- Find and open the iLok License Manager from your Programs or Applications folder.
- Click on Sign-In in the top left corner. If you have used iLok before with other products and have an account, sign-in to your account. If you have never seen or used iLok before, click on Create New Account in the Sign In window and follow the prompts to create an account.
Please note: We recommend using an iLok account. Signing in is not always necessary to utilize an iLok license, but having and using an account to keep track of your licenses is free and provides additional features and options for managing and moving your licenses when necessary.
- Once you are logged in, click on Licenses at the top of the window and choose Redeem Activation Code.
- A window will appear with space for you to enter an authorization code.
- Find the Authorization Code for your plugin. You would have received this code in one of the two ways below. Copy and paste this code into the first box on the left and the code will fill out the remaining fields. When you're ready, click Next.
- If the plugin was included with the purchase of a product, such as MIDI keyboard, your authorization code will be located on your user account page after registering your product.
- If the plugin was purchased separately, you will have received an email from your retailer with the appropriate download links and authorization codes.
- You will be prompted to choose a location for your license. You are free to choose an iLok dongle if you have one, but for most users, just choose your computer (this will be the option with the computer icon on the left) and click Activate.
- You will be asked to confirm this one more time. Click OK.
- Finally, iLok will notify you when the activation is complete!
Repeat steps 3 - 8 to authorize any additional plugins.
Deactivating a license can come in handy if you need to authorize the plugin on a new computer and need to free up an authorization. The license can then be transferred to your iLok account and moved onto the new computer or iLok by logging into the iLok License Manager on the new computer.
- Open the iLok License Manager.
- Log into your iLok account. If you did not create an account when first installing/authorizing the software, you will need to create a free account now.
- In the left column, select the hard drive or iLok on which the software license exists.
- Right-click on the associated license and choose Deactivate.
Note: If the license was initially activated without creating an iLok account, after creating an iLok account you will need to first right click and select Take Ownership to add the license to your account. You can then Deactivate as noted above.
- Click OK to Confirm Deactivation.
The deactivation will take a few seconds to complete, showing a progress bar at the top left corner.
After this is complete, the same activation code can be entered again when installing on another computer.
- Congratulations! Now you can install and authorize the program to a new computer or iLok!
I authorized my license with the software's authorizer and now I can't activate on a different computer. What do I do?
If you authorized your software with the software's authorizer, you may have done this without creating an iLok account. This is perfectly normal, but you'll need to "Take Ownership" of the license to apply it to an iLok account before you can transfer the license to use on multiple computers. To do this:
- Go to your computer where the software is authorized, open the iLok License Manager and create an iLok account as described above.
- On the left side of the License Manager, select your computer's hard drive where your license will inevitably be stored.
- Find and right-click on your license in the main window. Select Take Ownership from the list.
- iLok will ask to confirm the request. Click OK.
You will now be free to deactivate and transfer the license.
When I attempt to redeem my activation code, I get an error stating the redemption limit has been reached. What do I do?
The good news is that this does not automatically mean that your license cannot be used. If the license has already been redeemed to your iLok account once, it does not need to be redeemed again. As long as you have activations available for the license, you will be able to activate again.
To reactivate the license:
- Sign in to your iLok account if you have not already.
- With the account view selected, you will see a list of your redeemed licenses in the box on the right.
Take note that the Activations column on the right is an easy way to see how many activations are left available for each authorization code in your account.
- Right-click on your license and choose Activate.
- When prompted choose a location to store the license (i.e. computer or ilok) and click Activate again.
- Finally, iLok will notify you when the activation is complete.
Windows users may get this error if the iLok services have not started automatically. To start the services:
- Close the iLok License Manager, navigate to the Windows Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.
- Find and select Services.
- In the Services window, locate Pace License Services and double-click on it to open the properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic and click on Start to start the service.
- Click Apply, close the windows and re-open the iLok License Manager.
Want to learn more about how the iLok License Manager works? Simply follow this link to find out!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an AIR product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the AIR technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.