Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to install the trial only. Why do I need an iLok account?
- How many times can I install theRiser?
- Do I have to have an iLok to use theRiser?
- I do not own an iLok. Where can I learn more about it?
- Can I move the activation to an iLok after saving it to a computer?
- Will theRiser run on my computer operating system?
- Will theRiser work with my Digital Audio Workstation?
- I am having trouble activating theRiser using Logic Pro X. What do I do?
- Further Technical Support
Each purchased license allows for two activations.
No. With a purchase of theRiser you will receive a license code and once entered, you will be prompted to choose a location to save the license. The license can be saved directly to your computer or to a connected and active iLok.
Please visit this iLok FAQ which has answers to most questions about iLoks, the iLok Manager, and PACE authorization.
Absolutely! During installation along with theRiser, the iLok License Manager is installed. To transfer theRiser license between your computer and an iLok, follow the steps suggested below:
- Connect your iLok to your computer USB port.
- Open the iLok License Manager.
- Login to your iLok account through the iLok License Manager by clicking on Sign In. If prompted, enter the requested login information.
- Once logged in, click on your computer in the left column to view any licenses currently on the computer.
- Click and drag theRiser license to your iLok.
- You will receive the following message stating that the chosen license file will be deactivated on the computer and then moved and activated on the iLok. Choose OK.
- You will receive a follow up message showing that the move was successful. Press OK.
- Finally, click on the iLok in the left column to confirm that theRiser license is loaded to the iLok.
theRiser is supported for use with Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems, and Mac 10.7 and higher.
The installation of theRiser includes the following formats:
- 32 and 64-bit VST
- 64-bit AU
theRiser will run as long as your preferred DAW utilizes any of the above formats.
theRiser utilizes PACE/iLok security measures to assist with anti-piracy. While a physical iLok is not necessary to use the plugin, the creation of an iLok account is required for activation.
In most cases, theRiser can be authorized when opening the plugin within any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) of your choice. If you use Logic 10.0.7 on a Mac operating system of 10.9 or later, you may run into the following error:
If you receive this error, press OK and then authorize theRiser outside of Logic Pro X. You can do this one of two ways.
- Open an alternate DAW and attempt to open theRiser plugin. You will be prompted to authorize.
- Manually authorize theRiser.
The following video walks through theRiser installation and manual authorization process on a Mac 10.9.4 operating system with Logic Pro X 10.0.7.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an AIR product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the AIR technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.