Akai Professional’s Advance Keyboards are like nothing else you've ever played. The Advance controller gives you unprecedented playability and unrestricted manipulation of any virtual instrument with an exclusive interactive, full-color display, complemented by performance-friendly hardware controls. This article and video walks through how to create and adjust keyboard splits both from the VIP software and directly from the Akai Pro Advance controller.
- Creating a Keyboard Split from the Advance Controller
- Creating a Keyboard split from the VIP Software
- Additional Resources
- Further Technical Support
Creating a Keyboard Split From the Advance hardware controller:
- Choose your Multi and then open the Multi window on the Advance display screen by pressing the MULTI button.
- Use the value dial to highlight the Multi channel key range that you want to adjust and then press in the Value Dial to select it and view the individual parameters of that Multi channel.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the Lo Key or Hi Key key range. Use the Value dial to adjust the minimum and maximum values of the key range for your Multi channel.
- Press in the Value dial to go back to the Multi channel window. Use the Value dial to select any remaining Multi channels that you want to adjust and repeat the steps above for each channel.
- Choose a Multi and then open the Multi panel by clicking on the Multi panel icon.
- For each channel of the Multi mixer, there is a key range section. Click in one of the range boxes to un-hide the piano panel. The range for the currently selected Multi channel will be highlighted.
- There are two ways to adjust the key range for an individual Multi channel.
- Adjust each Multi channel to your desired key range.
You can find a number of additional articles and videos in our knowledge base:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.