The new MPK mini mkii is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. This guide walks through the steps to update the firmware.
Please be advised this firmware update is not mandatory to install onto your MPK mini MKII. A firmware update will not typically resolve any symptoms you may be experiencing. You should only perform this firmware update if recommended by an Akai Pro technical support specialist.
IMPORTANT: Updating the firmware on your MPK mini MKII will overwrite all presets stored on it. Please save them to your computer before updating your firmware. You will be able to send the presets back to the MPK mini MKII after the firmware update is complete. To learn how to do this, please see the MPK mini MKII Editor User Guide which is included with the Editor download from the MPK mini MKII product page.
- Connect the MPK mini mkii to your computer's USB port.
- Unzip the contents of the MPKmini2_Firmware_Updater.zip to your Desktop.
- Open the updater application.
- Windows: Double-click the .exe file and follow the steps below.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the MacUpdater application and follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the PROG CHANGE button, then connect your MPK mini mkii to your computer via USB. BANK A/B will illuminate green.
- In the MPKmini2 Updater, select Browse, and select the latest firmware.
- Select Connect.
- Select Update.
IMPORTANT: Do not disconnect the MPK mini mkii from your computer during this process. Doing so could damage your unit
- A window will appear when the updating process is complete. Select OK.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.