The MPC1000 is a powerful sequencer and sampler. The capabilities of the MPC1000 can be expanded when used as a sequencer to trigger external sound modules such as a Motif, Venom, etc. This guide walks through the procedure for using the MPC1000 to trigger an external sound module.
Before beginning, be sure to connect the MIDI Output of the MPC 1000 to the MIDI Input of your external module.
- With the MPC1000 powered on, hold down the [Mode] button and press [Pad9] to enter the MIDI Sync configuration screen.
- Press [F2] to access Sync.
- In the Sync section, set SYNC Out to reflect the MIDI out port selected on the back of the MPC. Then press the [Main button].
In the Main Window under your sequence change the following settings:
MIDI: 1A (or whatever your appropriate MIDI out port is)
- Download and install the Vyzex Venom editor from the link below:
- Connect the Venom to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the Vyzex Venom editor software. If you receive an error like the one displayed below, click Ok and then Cancel All respectively.
- On the left hand side of the Vyzex Venom software, click the Global button.
- In the Global Menu interface, locate the MIDI Receive Clock dropdown menu. In the menu select On. This will allow your Venom to receive MIDI clock from the MPC1000 or any external device. After selecting this, your Global menu changes are automtically Synced to the Venom.
- The USB cable can now be disconnected from the Venom.
- To initiate playback so that the MPC 1000 triggers the M-Audio Venom, press the Play Start button on the MPC 1000.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.