The MPD218 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What software is included with my purchase, and where can I download?
- Does the product require an additional power supply?
- Does the product require drivers, and where can I download them from?
- Will this work with my IOS device?
- Is the product compatible with the latest Windows, and Mac operating systems?
- Are the pads velocity sensitive?
- Where can I get further product support?
The MPD218 includes Ableton Live Lite, MPC Essentials, Big, Bang Cinematic Percussion, Big Bang Universal Drums, MPD218 Editor . Once you have registered the product in your Akai Pro User Account you will have download links for all titles except Ableton. You will be able to download Ableton via a download card that is included in the box. Visit https://www.akaipro.com/my-account/login to create, and log in to your user account.
The MPD218 is powered by the included USB cable, and does not require an additional power supply.
The MPD218 is class compliant, and does not require any drivers.
This is iOS compatible using the Apple Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
Since the MPD218 is class compliant it is immediately compatible with all current Windows, and Mac operating systems.
The MPD2 series definitely has velocity sensitive pads - and they’re awesome.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.