After updating your DM10 module and installing the Bluejay Sound Set, you may notice that some triggers no longer have an instrument assigned and are not triggering any sounds. Have no fear! This guide walks through a few simple steps you can take so that you can get to playing with the new Bluejay sound set quickly and easily.
- Press the DRUM KIT button on the module to go to the Main Instrument Edit Screen.
Next press the INST button underneath the EDIT section on the module. The next window will show the number and name of the drum kit whose Instruments (drum voices) you will be editing.
- Select INST (F1). The new screen will show:
- The trigger Voice you are editing (the Kit number and name of the Voice will be shown)
- The Layer (each Voice consists of two layers, each with its own Instrument)
- The Category (the type or "class" of drum sound currently assigned to that Layer)
- The Instrument (the drum sound for that Layer)
- Select the trigger that is no longer producing sound by pressing NOTE CHASE then striking the desired trigger.
- Once that trigger is chosen you will notice that the Instrument: will show NONE. This is why that particular trigger is no longer sounding. An instrument will need to be assigned to it.
Select the Category you want to assign to that Voice by pressing CURSOR UP/DOWN to highlight the Category field, then use
the VALUE UP/DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to change it.
Select the Instrument for that Layer by pressing CURSOR UP / DOWN to highlight the Instrument field, then use the VALUE UP/DOWN buttons or VALUE DIAL to change it. To hear the currently selected sound, strike the corresponding trigger or press PREVIEW on the module.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until all the triggers in the kit have instruments assigned to them and there are no pads not creating sound.
- After Instruments have been assigned to each trigger has been chosen press STORE > F1 to choose DRUM KIT > F3 to choose Store.
- In the window that appears the display will ask "Are you sure? Overwrite the destination?". Press F1(YES) to confirm your choice to save the kit.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.alesis.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.