The Alesis V Mini is a powerful, intuitive, and portable MIDI controller that lets you take full command of your music software. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Alesis V Mini.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What software comes with the Alesis V Mini?
- How do I get my software?
- What operating systems is it supported with?
- Can I use the V Mini controller with my iPad?
- Is it powered by USB or wall power supply?
- Additional Resources
- Further Technical Support
The Alesis V Mini comes with the following software:
- AIR Xpand!2 - a multitimbral workstation offering four active sound slots, or parts, per patch. Each part is provided its own MIDI channel, Note Range (Zone), Mix, Arpeggiation, Modulation, and Effects settings. Harnessing the four parts together to build one amazing Patch is where Xpand!2 reveals its true power.
- Go to http://www.alesis.com/account/signin/
- If you have an account; input your Email Address, Password and select the bottom Login to your Alesis account. If you do not have an account, Create one.
- Once you have logged in or created your Alesis user account, choose Register Product.
- Enter the requested information to Register your V Mini and press Register My Product.
Note: Do include all the characters for the serial number including (21) and Purchase of Date by MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Once you have Registered your V Mini controller, you can now find the downloads for the software within the My Products section.
The Alesis V Mini is supported on the latest operating systems, including Windows 10 and Mac OSX 10.11. The V Mini is a class-compliant plug-and-play device that does not require a specific driver installation in order to be functional and will function with all major Windows and Mac operating systems from Windows 7 and higher to Mac OSX 10.8.5 and later.
Yes! To use the V Mini device to control an app on an iOS device, connect the V Mini series controller to an iOS device using an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
For more information on this process , click here.
The Alesis V Mini is USB hub powered. It connects and powers by a standard USB-A to USB-B cable and does not require a wall power supply.
- Alesis V Mini - Setup with Ableton Live Lite
- Alesis V Mini - Setup with FL Studio
- Alesis V Mini - Setup with MPC Software/ MPC Essentials
- Alesis V Mini - Setup with Pro Tools
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.