The Alesis V Mini is a powerful, intuitive, and portable MIDI controller that lets you take full command of your music software. This article walks through how to setup the Alesis V Mini with Pro Tools.
- What You Need to Know
- Pro Tools Setup
- Adjusting the Pro Tools Plugin Sources
- Further Technical Support
Alesis V Mini comes with the AIR Xpand!2 plugin download, which is a VST and AU format plugin only. In contrast, Pro Tools works with AAX type plugins only.
However, over 20 plug-ins are included with Pro Tools, including a specific AAX version of Xpand!2, so you do not need to install XPand!2 separately. The Pro Tools version will download and install automatically.
Connect the V Mini to your computer using a USB cable
Note: V Mini is class-compliant device which means that it will work with any modern Mac or PC without the need to download any drivers.
- Launch Pro Tools.
- Choose Setup > Peripherals
- In the Midi Controllers tab, in Row#1, adjust the settings as follows:
Mac and Windows :
Type to M-Audio Keyboard
Receive From to V Mini
Send To to V Mini (Emulated)
- Press OK.
- Once you have your project open, go to Track > New.
- Change your Track type to Instrument Track.
- Make sure your Instrument track is ARMED, by select the red button.
- If you do not see Inserts A-E, click on the icon on the top left corner and check Inserts A-E.
- Once Insets A-E are available, select at an empty slot, then choose plug-in > Instrument > Xpand!2.
- Now you are ready to use Pro Tools with your V Mini.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.