The Alesis VI series is an advanced USB/MIDI keyboard MIDI controller that lets you take command of your music software with a series of pads, knobs, and buttons. With velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keys with aftertouch and Octave Up/Down buttons, you can expand the keyboard to the full melodic range and play bass lines, chords, and melodies. This articles walks through how to setup the VI series controller with Studio One.
- On Windows, Go to Studio One > Options.
On MAC, Go to Studio One > Preferences.
Go to the External Device tab.
Select the ADD button
Select the NEW KEYBOARD
Manufacturer : ALESIS
Device name: VI Sereis
Receive From: VI25/49/61
Send To: VI25/49/61
- Once complete hit OK
- Open the Console/Mixer view, the button is located in the lower right under the browser.
- On the left you will see a button for External. Click VI Series.
- Double click on VI Series and a new window pops up with the button Midi Learn in the upper left.
- Physically press the transport buttons on your controller. They should now populate in the empty space.
- Right click on each knob that appears and choose Button On/Off or the appropriate control.
- Then you can right click the button and choose Assign. A menu appears and you can search for Studio One commands to assign to that button.
- Search the following to assign your transport.
- Start/Toggle Start - Triggers Playback
- Stop - Triggers Stop
- Rewind - Triggers Rewind
- Forward - Triggers Fast Forward
- Record - Triggers Record
Once you have assigned these to your transport buttons when you exit the menu they should work for you.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Alesis product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Alesis technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.