The DN-200BR is a Bluetooth® audio receiver with professional-grade audio outputs. It lets you add wireless stereo Bluetooth audio reception to any professional audio system. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the DN-200BR.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the DN-200BR used for?
- How far is the Bluetooth range of the DN-200BR?
- How do you pair the DN-200BR?
- How do you unpair the DN-200BR?
- What type of audio equipment will the DN-200BR work with?
- What can prevent the Bluetooth from not connecting?
- Further Technical Support
It lets you add wireless stereo Bluetooth audio reception to any professional audio system. Once you pair your Bluetooth device to the DN-200BR, you can send your device’s audio signal out of the DN-200BR’s balanced XLR or unbalanced 1/4” (6.35 mm) outputs into a playback system of your choice.
The DN-200BR can play audio from an audio device that sends its signal over a Bluetooth connection (e.g., smartphones, tablet computers, etc.). The DN-200BR uses Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) and has a range of up to 82 feet (25 meters).
To pair your Bluetooth device to the DN-200BR follow the steps below:
- If DN-200BR is off, use the included power adapter to connect its power input to your power source. The Status Light will flash slowly.
- Make sure your desired Bluetooth device has its Bluetooth connectivity on and is within range. DN-200BR will automatically try to pair with the last-paired Bluetooth device, if any. If you are using that Bluetooth device again, you can start playing audio immediately. If you want to use a different Bluetooth device, continue to Step 3.
- Press and hold DN-200BR’s Pair button for 3 seconds. When the Status Light starts flashing quickly, release the Pair button.
- On your Bluetooth device, enter its Bluetooth settings menu, and select DN-200BR. Note: (Some older Bluetooth devices may require you to enter a PIN. If this is the case, enter 0000 as the PIN.)
On your Bluetooth device, start playing audio. To adjust your volume level, we recommend setting the volume control of each of your devices in the following order:
- Your Bluetooth device
- DN-200BR, using its Level Knob
- Your mixer, if any (its input channel levels), then its main output level)
- Your loudspeakers
Set each volume level as high as possible without creating distortion or any “clipping” of the sound. (Important: DN-200BR will not receive audio from a phone call. While using it, we recommend disabling your cellular connection, if possible).
To unpair your Bluetooth device from DN-200BR, do one of the following:
• Enter your Bluetooth device’s Bluetooth settings menu, and
disconnect from DN-200BR.
• Press and hold DN-200BR’s Pair button for 3 seconds, and then
release it. DN-200BR will unpair from your Bluetooth device and be
available to pair to another one.
Once you pair your Bluetooth device to DN-200BR, you can send outputs to your mixer, loudspeakers, or amplification system. Below is an illustration showing you possible connections this can be used with.
Using the DN-200BR near a microwave oven can interfere with the reception. If the DN-200BR is paired with a different Bluetooth device, other Bluetooth devices cannot pair to it. You must unpair (“disconnect”) the current Bluetooth device from DN-200BR to make it available to others.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Denon Professional technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.