The ION Solar Stone Glow streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth® device and has a powerful on-board amplifier powered by a built-in rechargeable battery. A discreet solar panel on top keeps the Solar Stone Glow recharged all the time and the warm, ambient light makes any music into something truly special. This article will answer some popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Solar Stone Glow.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the ION Audio Solar Stone Glow battery powered?
- How do I get the best results out of the solar panel?
- Can the ION Audio Solar Stone Glow play music wirelessly?
- Is the Solar Stone Glow waterproof?
- Can the LED light display be controlled?
- How do you connect this speaker to a Bluetooth device?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection go?
- Can I pair two Solar Stone Glows?
- If I connect two Solar Stone Glows, how far apart can they be?
- How many hours does a full charge provide?
- How long does it take to fully charge the Solar Stone?
- Is the internal battery user replaceable?
- How loud is the Solar Stone?
- Can the voice function be disabled?
- Can I reset the Solar Stone Glow?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix this?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
The ION Audio Solar Stone Glow has an internal, rechargeable battery. It comes with a wall charging adapter and also has a solar panel located on the top for continuous charging on sunny days. While charging, the charging light will show red. When the unit is fully charged, the red charging light will go out.
Please note that the charging adapter is not water-resistant.
To get the best charge out of the solar panel, keep the speaker in an area that will receive at least 3 hours of direct sunlight daily. Charging results will vary based on the amount of direct sunlight received daily. Exposing the speaker to the best line of direct sunlight will maximize the charging results.
Yes! The Solar Stone Glow connects to all Bluetooth enabled devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
The Solar Stone Glow is IPX4 level water-resistant. This means that it will withstand splashing water and even rain, but should not be submerged in water. You may want to consider covering the speakers or taking them inside if you are expecting torrential rain or heavy snowfall.
The Solar Stone Glow light mode provides the user with the ability to select different light effects. By pressing the Light Control button, you can cycle through the following modes:
- LED Low
- LED High
- LED Off
- Power on the Solar Stone Glow by holding down the Power button. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Bluetooth Connect button briefly to enter the Connecting Mode - The Bluetooth LED will blink fast, and you will hear “Pairing” to indicate this.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Solar Stone, and connect. The Bluetooth LED will light up solid when it is connected and you will hear “Pairing successful, connected” for confirmation.
Note: If you experience trouble in connecting, select Forget this Device on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again. Also, the Solar Stone Glow will automatically turn off after 30 minutes if no audio is playing.
The Bluetooth range is up to 100’ between the Solar Stone Glow and Bluetooth source.
You can pair two Solar Stone Glows together to create a stereo pair. To do this:
- Power on each Solar Stone by holding down their power buttons. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Link button on each Solar Stone. The speakers will search for each other while playing an intermittent tone.
Once the stereo pair is successfully linked, you will hear “Pairing successful, connected”, followed by “Left channel” and “Right channel” on the respective speakers.
This process may take up to 2 minutes the first time two speakers are linked. Speakers that were previously linked will re-link automatically in a few seconds if powered on in the range of one another
Note: Solar Stone Glows should be within 30 ft. (9 m) of each other to Link properly.
A paired set of Solar Stone Glows can be up to 30' away in distance.
The ION Audio Solar Stone Glow has a 50-hour rechargeable battery that provides long-lasting, uninterrupted music. A full charge could last much longer if the Solar Stone continues to get a consistent charge from the sun as well.
The speaker will charge in about 6 hours by the AC adapter or in about 55 hours by the solar panel
The Solar Stone Glow uses a rechargeable 12V 2.3aH sealed lead-acid battery. If you ever need to replace the battery, it is easy to do yourself. Batteries are available at many retailers including www.ionaudio.com/batteries.
The Solar Stone Glow has a peak of 20W, a 6.5" full-range speaker, and a powerful onboard amplifier to help pump up the volume.
To disable the Voice function, press and release the Bluetooth and Link button simultaneously.
If necessary, you can reset the unit. Shut it down by placing a paper clip into the Reset hole located on the bottom of Solar Stone, and gently push until the unit turns off. Try this only after you have first attempted to reboot Solar Stone using the power button.
If the sound from your Solar Stoner is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound sources - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device. About 75% volume will you give you the best signal quality.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Technical Support.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.