The ION Audio Keystone is the perfect way to enjoy your music outdoors without the need of having power wires run across the yard. ION's Keystone speaker can stream music from any Bluetooth® music player, including iPad, iPhone, iPod, and Android devices. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Keystone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the ION Audio Keystone battery-powered, solar powered, or both?
- How long does the battery last?
- Is the battery user-replaceable?
- How do you link the Keystone pair together?
- Does the Keystone require a power supply?
- How do I get the best results out of the solar panel?
- Is there any way to tell if the battery is receiving a charge from the solar panel?
- Is the ION Audio Keystone water-proof?
- Can I mount the ION Audio Keystone?
- How can I reset the Keystone speakers?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
The ION Audio Keystone speaker has an internal, lead-acid battery that will provide power to the speaker. The solar panel on the speaker will help keep the battery charged but is not recommended as the sole source for charging the battery. Once fully charged, the Keystone's solar panel can provide suitable power for typical daily use without the need to connect the charging adaptor.
The battery can last up to 100 hours on a single charge. Bettery life will tend to vary based on temperature, age, and volume usage of the product.
The battery is not user-replaceable. If the battery will no longer charge or hold a charge, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
Out of the box, the ION Audio Keystone speakers "autolink" for a seamless connection between the two speakers.
If you need to manually pair them, follow the steps suggested below:
- Power on each Keystone by pressing their power buttons. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- The speakers will automatically, wirelessly link for stereo sound. The speakers will search for each other while playing an intermittent tone. Once the stereo pair is successfully linked, you will hear “Pairing successful, connected” followed by “Left channel” and “Right channel” on the respective speakers.
This process may take up to 2 minutes the first time two speakers are linked. Speakers that were previously linked will re-link automatically in a few seconds if powered on in range of one another.
Note: Keystone speakers should be within 30 ft. (9 m) of each other to Link properly.
- When the stereo link is confirmed by the solid green LED, press the Bluetooth Connect button on either speaker or the included remote to enter Bluetooth Pairing Mode.
Note: The Left channel will be the “master” speaker, and the unit from which the Bluetooth range will be determined.
- On your Bluetooth device, navigate to your Bluetooth settings menu, find Keystone, and connect. Once the Bluetooth connection is made, the blue LED will be solid. You will hear “Connected” for confirmation.
Note: If you experience trouble in connecting, select “Forget this Device” for Keystone on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to connect to Keystone, hold the Bluetooth Connect button on the speaker to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
The ION Audio Keystone does come with a 15V DC, 2000mA power adapter for charging the battery. While the speaker does not need the power adaptor for everyday use, leaving the speaker connected to a power source is perfectly acceptable and will not overcharge the battery.
To get the best charge out of the solar panel, keep the speaker in an area that will receive at least 3 hours of direct sunlight daily. Charging results will vary based on the amount of direct sunlight received daily, so maximizing the speaker position will maximize the charging results.
Yes. To determine if the Solar Panel is providing charge to the battery, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker (not on the remote) for 5 seconds. Once a tone is heard, release the button. If the tone continues to play after release, then the solar panel is providing charge to the battery. If the tone does not continue to play after release, the solar panel is not providing charge to the battery. To optimize solar charge, expose panel to direct sunlight.
The ION Audio Keystone Speakers are IPX4 water-resistant. This means that they are not waterproof, but they can resist splashing water from any angle. ION Audio recommends taking the Keystone Speakers inside during extreme cold, heavy rain, or melting snow, and avoiding letting them sit in standing water.
Yes! The ION Audio Keystone speakers come with a mounting apparatus on the bottom, allowing you to securely mount them to calls.
To reset your Keystone speakers, there is a RESET button located in the charging port area of each speaker. Resetting your speakers are recommended if you're experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues or audio issues.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.