Whether before the game or a fun gathering in your backyard, you can count on Game Day to make any event a winning occasion with its great sound. With its 2-way speaker system and 50-watt dynamic power amplifier, your music will always sound its best. You can stream music from any Bluetooth device, enjoy Game Day’s built-in AM/FM radio, or create your own memories with the included microphone. This article answers your frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Game Day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair the Game Day to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees Game Day but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- I get feedback when I use the microphone. How can I prevent this?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- What is Easy Pairing and NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- How do I use Easy Pair to connect my NFC capable device to Game Day?
- I'm having difficulty pairing using Easy Pair. What should I do?
- Can I use the USB port on Game Day to play music off of a flash drive or hard drive?
- I'm experiencing poor AM radio reception. Is there a way I can improve it?
- I'm using the microphone but can't hear myself over the music. How can I hear myself better?
- How do you disable Voice Prompts?
- Where can I find support for this and other ION Audio products?
Check out our full walkthrough video and instructions below:
Turn on your Bluetooth device.
Power on Game Day and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is off.
Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Game Day” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
The Bluetooth icon will be lit solid when a device is “paired” to Game Day.
Note: Users should consider updating their OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
Press the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0.
My Bluetooth device sees Game Day but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the GAME DAY and choose "Forget Device". After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device. Check out this section in our video for a full walkthrough on this and other troubleshooting steps.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Yup! The back panel of Game Day screws off to give you access to the battery compartment. We've put together a video guide which walks you through replacing the battery yourself -
Game Day uses a 12V 2.8Ah sealed lead acid battery.
Easy Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Block Rocker iPA76A. More information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here.
Basically, NFC allows a device, usually a mobile phone, to collect data from another device or NFC tag at when it is moved into a close range. In many ways, it’s like a contact-less payment card that is integrated into a phone. In other ways, it’s similar to Bluetooth, except that instead of programming two devices to work together, they can simply touch to establish a connection.
Many popular Android smartphones have this feature. To date, there is no iOS device that has this feature. You may need to refer to your device information, manual, or support to determine if your device is NFC-capable, however here are a couple of links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check your device’s manual to see if this feature is supported.
To use NFC to pair with Game Day:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on the BlockRocker Bluetooth.
- Gently bump your device against the ‘N’ logo located on BlockRocker Bluetooth’s top panel, and hold it there for a couple of seconds.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
First, be sure you have an NFC or Easy Pair compatible device: Is my device Easy Pair capable?
Next, carefully follow the Easy Pair pairing steps detailed above.
The NFC chip in your phone or device is quite small. Be sure you know where the chip is located in your device, and make sure you're touching this exact spot to the against the ‘N’ logo located on the BlockRocker. If you don't know exactly where the NFC chip is located inside your phone or device, visit the phone/device manufacturer's website to find out.
While most users won't need to remove their case, if you've come this far and you're still having difficulty, try removing your phone case (if you have one).
If you're still having difficulty, please contact ION technical support for further assistance.
The USB port on the front of the speaker is for charging your devices only. It will not play audio from a USB drive.
If you're experiencing poor AM radio reception, unplug Game Day from the wall. Running off battery power typically increases clarity of AM signals.
Game Day's master volume controls the speaker's main mix volume, which includes your music AND the microphone. If you're experiencing difficulty hearing the microphone signal over your music, try turning the music down from your source device (e.g. your phone or tablet).
Game Day has built-in audio Voice Prompts which notify you of the device's status (Power On, Pairing, etc). You can disable Voice Prompts by holding down the Bluetooth Pairing button for several seconds.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.