The Cyberlink Power Director 9 DE software lets PC users edit, splice, add effects, add soundtracks, subtitles, voice-overs and do everything you need to do make your video creations! In this guide, we will cover some troubleshooting steps regarding Power Director 9 and Windows 10.
Some common troubles that occur when running this software on a Windows 10 machine including the software crashing on start-up, and the software crashing in the middle of a project. Both instances are no fun but below, you will find some ways to resolve these issues!
- Power Director Has Crashed on Start-Up
- Power Director Has Stopped Working Unexpectedly
- Further Technical Support
If Power Director 9 is crashing upon startup on your Windows 10 computer, then there are a few steps that you can take to try and resolve this issue and get Power Director running normally again.
- After Power Director has crashed, locate the desktop icon for Power Director and right-click on this icon.
- Within the menu that appears, select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'.
- After you have selected Troubleshoot Compatibility a new window will appear showing you that a scan is being performed to detect potential issues with Power Director. Allow the scan to complete.
- After the scan is complete, Windows will provide you with some additional options to get Power Director running normally. You will see a new menu with the option to either Try Recommended Settings or Troubleshoot Program. Select Try Recommended Settings.
- After selecting Try Recommended Settings, Windows will suggest a new way to run this program. For this example, Windows advised running the software on this Windows 10 computer in a Windows 7 mode.
- Select Test the program…, Windows will launch Power Director using the suggested settings and you should have no troubles running this program!
The following steps will assist you in preventing Power Director 9 from crashing unexpectedly. These steps may also be useful in preventing Power Director from crashing upon startup as well.
- Graphics and Audio Card Drivers - The first thing that you are going to want to look at is your computer's graphics and audio cards. If you are working with an AMD / NVDIA / Intel graphics card, you can download the latest driver from AMD / NVIDIA / Intel’s website.
- Hard Drive Space - Make sure that your computer hard drive that is running Power Director has sufficient space available for this program to run successfully. This is because a large amount of memory space is required for buffering.
- Reinstall Quicktime - Sometimes, Power Director may crash because updates are required for QuickTime. Quicktime works in relation with software like Power Director to handle virtually all video playback on your computer. Please follow the steps below to re-install the QuickTime Software:
- Remove QuickTime from your computer.
- Run the file titled 'QuickTimeInstaller.exe' from within the CyberLink PowerDirector installation files. This folder should be located in your Downloads folder. You can also find the download for QuickTime for Windows here.
- Restart your computer and re-launch Power Director 9.
- Remove QuickTime from your computer.
- Reinstall Power Director - There may have been a problem during the initial installation of Power Director 9. Uninstall the program, restart your computer and then reinstall Power Director. Please be sure to close all other applications when you reinstall Power Director 9. If you are unsure of how to uninstall a program from a Windows 10 computer, please click here.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.