The M-Audio Axiom AIR series is a powerful family of controllers that leverages every capability of your recording software. This guide covers how to assign new functions to the Expression Pedal Input. Specifically this guide as an example will show how to assign the Expression Pedal Input to the Modulation Function.
- Plug in your Expression Pedal into the EXP input on the back of your Axiom Air.
- Next press the EDIT button in the top left of the Main Control Panel which is pictured below.
- Once the display is flashing and reads EDIT: Select step on your Expression Pedal.
- The display will then ready: Exp.Pedal.
- The first 10 upper and lower registered keys on the Axiom Air have labels above them to access extended programming functions when your Axiom AIR is in Edit Mode. Press the Param Assign Key on the Axiom.The display will then read MIDI CC # ->
- In the Main Control Panel there is a set of Directional Buttons. Press the Right Directional Button. On the display it will now read CC#: in the top right and on the bottom left it will read 11.
- 11 is the default MIDI CC# that the Expression Pedal Input is assigned to. You have the option to assign any MIDI CC# between 0-127. Below is a helpful list of MIDI CC#'s and their Control Function.
- Use Up and Down Directional Buttons to choose the MIDI CC# you want to assign to the Expression Pedal Input. Again for this article we are assigning a Modulation function. The Standard MIDI CC# for Modulation (As Seen in the Image In Step 9) is 1.
- Once you have your MIDI CC# selected press the Center Directional Button.
- You can use a MIDI Monitor program like MIDI OX (Windows) to confirm that the change has been made like pictured below. If you are on a Macintosh you can use MIDI Monitor As you can see the pedal when triggered, is now sending a Modulation Event.
- You have now assigned the expression pedal to a new parameter.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.