M-Audio presents its Code Series keyboard controllers, a family of three full-featured models, combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear. In this article we answer and discuss some of the features of the premium keyboard and pad controller the M-Audio Code.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What software titles support come included with the Code series?
- What is new in the Code series keyboards?
- What are the system requirements for the Code Series?
- Does the Code series keyboard controllers require drivers?
- Can I use the Code series with external MIDI equipment?
- Where can I buy an external power supply?
- Further Product Support
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to the best creative tools. Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that lets you spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
- All Code keyboards—25, 49 and 61 key models—have an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise.
- New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
- Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
For Mac users the minimum is:
- Minimum: OSX 10.7.5
For Windows users the minimum is:
- 7 (32 and 64)
The Code series keyboards is a class compliant MIDI device and as such can automatically be used as an instrument with any music creation software or DAW.
Yes. The Code series can be used to control additional outboard MIDI gear such as Rack Synth Modules, Drum Machines etc. This will require an additional power supply that is not included with the Code series.
The optional power supply is not included with the Code seris keyboard controller. The Code Series uses a 9V DC, 1A, center-pin positive power supply. Alternatively, you can power Axiom AIR via the USB port of your connected computer for software control.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.