The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 is a simple, powerful MIDI controller designed for sequencing music and playing virtual instruments on the go. This article walks through setting up the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 for use with AIR Ignite.
AIR Ignite was designed specifically to function easily and intuitively with a number of InMusic Brands controllers. The M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII is one of those controllers.
That the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII is a class-compliant device, no specific drivers need to be downloaded in order for the item to function as it should.
- Connect the M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII to your computer with the included USB connection cable and open Ignite. The splash screen will appear the first time you open the software. Choose the AUDIO SETUP button to make sure your computer audio card or audio interface is correctly chosen.
- In the AUDIO SETUP menu, choose your audio interface. This will be dependent upon your personal speaker setup and what you are using as an audio interface. In the example below, an M-Track Plus is the audio interface currently being used. Once you choose your audio interface, press CLOSE.
- The software will recognize that the Keystation Mini 32 is connected and you will see a virtual representation of the controller in the AIR Ignite software.
- The controller is connected and instantaneously mapped. For example, press the <PB or PB> button on the Keystation Mini 32 and you will be able to simultaneously see the PB (Pitch Bend) control move accordingly in the Ignite software.
- Click on the Choose tab.
- Choose an Instrument.
- Choose an Instrument Type then press the Create New or Change option to add the Instrument to your project.
- Once the Instrument is added to your project, strike the keys on your M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 and enjoy!
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 - Frequently Asked Questions
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 MKII - Setup with Ableton Live 9 Lite
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Quickstart Guide
- Troubleshooting Class-compliant USB Computer Peripherals
- Troubleshooting USB MIDI Devices on Mac
- Mac OS - Problems with MIDI Devices after and Update
- Optimizing your system, Improving Performance, and Managing Latency
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.