The M-Audio Oxygen series controller is a class-compliant MIDI controller that can be used with your favorite Digital Audio Workstation. This article walks through how to use your M-Audio Oxygen controller with Pro Tools 10.
- Choose Track > New...
- Select Instrument Track
- Click Setup and Navigate to peripherals
- Click on the MIDI Controllers tab
- Select the MIDI Controllers tab from the window that appears
- Click the first "Type" drop-down menu and select M-Audio Keyboard
- Click the first "Receive From" drop-down menu and select the Oxygen 49 In
- Click the first "Send To" drop-down menu and select the Oxygen 49 Out
- Make sure that8 is selected in the # Ch's drop-down menu and click OK to close the window
- MIDI Thru Should Be checked
- Enabling MIDI THRU in the options menu will tell Pro Tools to send whatever MIDI notes you play INTO Pro Tools (from your keyboard) – THRU the software – and back OUT to the MIDI device.
- But make sure to turn MIDI LOCAL “Off” on your MIDI keyboard to prevent the kind of “phasing”, or “doubling-up” of sounds that will happen when the MIDI device receives two of the same MIDI events simultaneously – one directly from the keyboard and one “echo” back from Pro Tools
Record enable your instrument track and make music!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.