The M-Audio M-Track and M-Track Plus interfaces add a professional edge to your mobile or project studio. M-Audio has made it easy to use the M-Track and M-Track Plus by making them class-compliant, meaning that they are plug-and-play devices. However, M-Audio created an alternate ASIO driver for lower latency and added support. This guide walks through the installation and basic setup of the M-Audio low-latency driver.
- Download the correct driver for your Windows operating system from one of the following links.
- Once you click on one of the above links, you will be brought to the M-Audio M-Track or M-Track Plus Driver and Software Search page. Choose the operating system specific to your computer in the third choice box.
Then click on the link that appears in the Results window to be brought to the download page.
- Scroll down to the highlighted section and click on the M-Track Series zip file driver download to begin the download. We recommend downloading to your Desktop for ease of locating the file when the download completes.
- Once you have downloaded the correct driver to your computer, locate the downloaded zip file and unzip it. This is typically done by right-clicking and choosing Extract, Extract Files, Extract Here..., etc. If you are unfamiliar with how to unzip a file, please see this video.
- You will see three files created when the driver download file is unzipped. Double-click the file titled Install M-Audio M-Track Series Windows 1.x.x.exe to begin the driver installation.
- A window may appear that references Microsoft Visual C++. This is normal. Do not press cancel. Allow the installation to continue.
- In the Setup window that opens, follow the installation steps suggested. Press Next.
- Review and then choose I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and press Next.
- In the following window, press Install.
- Allow the installation to complete.
You may get a Windows Security box that pops up. If so, choose Always trust software from "inMusic Brands, Inc." and press Install.
- When the installation completes, choose Finish in the window that appears.
- Finally, in your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) of choice, you can now choose the low-latency M-Audio ASIO driver which will show up in your DAW as M-Track Quad ASIO Driver.
Below you will find a number of links to more in-depth DAW-specific guides to assist with your personal setup.
- M-Audio M-Track - Setup with Pro Tools Express
- M-Audio M-Track - Initial Setup and Getting Started with Ableton Live Lite
- M-Audio M-Track - Initial Setup and Getting Started with Logic Pro
- M-Audio M-Track Plus - Setup with Cockos Reaper
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.