For those moments when you need the perfect special effect, the Fog 400 LED delivers 1500 cfm of mood-inducing fog at the touch of a button. Unlike other inexpensive foggers, it has three single-color LEDs and the included wired remote makes operation a snap. Marq Lighting's Fog 400 LED comes in four different housing colors, so it always fits right in. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Fog 400 LED.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you know when the Fog 400 is ready for use?
- Why is there no fog coming out?
- What type of fluid should I use?
- When and what should I clean the Fog 400 with?
- Is the Fog 400LED available in different colors or come with different LED colors?
- My pump is clicking or ticking. Why?
- Further Technical Support
Here are some simple steps to setup your Fog 400.
- After unpacking the box, unscrew and remove the cap at the top of the tank.
- Fill the tank with a water-based fog fluid.
- Screw the cap back onto the top of the tank so it is secure.
- Connect Fog 400 LED to a power outlet.
- On the rear panel, set the Power Switch to the On position. The Fog 400 LED will begin warming up. Important: If the environment is significantly colder than the temperature of Fog 400 LED, you may need to wait for it to adjust to the ambient temperature.
- The light on the remote will light up when ready.
This unit will pump out the fog only when the unit is heated up, and the when the light on the wired remote is illuminated.
When you plug in the Fog 400, it needs a few minutes to heat up in order to work. If the light on the remote control turns off during operation, this means the pump has stopped so that the Fog 400 LED can re-heat. The light will turn on again once it is ready to use.
Also, it is important to check the gauge on the back to make sure there is adequate amount of fluid.
Never run this unit dry!
The type of fluid we recommend for the Marq Fog 400 is high-quality water-based fog fluid. You can purchase this from your local or online retailer.
You should clean the Marq Lighting Fog 400 after any heavy use, or at the end of the season.
It is important to check the filter to make sure it is clean and not clogged. We recommend using isopropyl alcohol to clean the filter and any other parts on the Marq Lighting Fog 400.
Here is a short reference guide on how to clean the Fog 400 properly.
- After each use, power Fog 400 LED off, and wait for about 1 minute for it to cool down. Wipe its surfaces and empty tank using a soft, clean cloth.
- After every 40 hours of use, use Fog 400 LED as described above (in Setup and Usage), but use a mixture of 80% distilled water and 20% vinegar instead of the normal fluid. This will help remove build-up in the nozzle.
Important: Do not clean Fog 400 LED using solvents or harsh detergents.
The Marq Fog 400 is available in Red, White, Blue and Black. The Red Fog 400 has red LED's built in, the Blue Fog 400 has blue LED's, and the White and Black Fog 400 has amber LED's.
If your Marq Fog 400 is making any clicking or ticking sounds, it actually means it is working correctly. Auto heat cycles on and off and can make noise while performing such an operation, similar to the clicking and popping of heating pipes in a house.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.