Add brilliant, dramatic effects to your shows! Five 1-meter LED tube effects lights deliver the ultimate visual performance experience, whether you set the lights to be synchronized to the music or set them for independent operation. This guide will help answer questions about setting up the Marq Lighting Rezotube Pack and how to use it properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Marq Lighting Rezotube Pack include?
- What is DMX?
- Does the Marq Lighting Rezotube Pack have DMX capability?
- Does the Marq Lighting Rezotube have a sound active mode?
- How do I setup the Marq Lighting Rezotubes with a DMX controller?
- What are the Ethernet ports on the Marq Lighting Rezotube module for?
- How do you connect the Rezotubes to the module properly?
- The Marq Lighting Rezotubes are only partially lighting up or not at all, why?
- Further Technical Support
The Marq Lighting Rezotube Pack includes:
- 5 LED tubes
- Rezotube module
- IEC cable (power cable)
- 5 adjustable floor stands
- 5 finger fan
- 5 extension cables
- Carrying bag that fits all included accessories
DMX is a lighting control protocol. Here is a link to a great article that will help explain the fundamentals of DMX.
Yes they do! The Marq Lighting Rezotube module has the traditional DMX IN and DMX OUT jacks built in. This will allow you to use these lights with a qualified DMX controller, and with the proper DMX Cables.
If you are going to use the Rezotube Pack with a DMX controller, follow the steps suggested below:
- Connect a DMX cable from the DMX output on the DMX controller that you are using, and attach it to the DMX input on the Marq Lighting Rezotube module. See below.
- You can chain multiple Rezotube control boxes together by linking each through the built in DMX output to the DMX input of the following unit.
- These will operate over 9 channels, each with its own specific function. To see what each channel does please refer to page 6 and 7 of the manual.
The Marq Lighting Rezotube Pack does have an automatic "sound active" mode. This allows the units to operate independently and perform an "easy show" for you, free of a DMX controller.
You can also chain multiple Rezotubes together to operate in sync in "sound active" using DMX cables. You can chain them together with the built in DMX in and DMX output jacks. To do this properly you need to put one in Master mode, and the rest in Slave mode. This is very easy to do by following the steps suggested below:
- On the first Rezotube in the chain (Master), press the Menu button on the Rezotube module and use the Up or Down arrows to find Slave mode. Hit Enter and make sure the brackets are on No. You can make adjustments in this screen by using the Up and Down arrows, and pressing Enter on the selection you want.
- Now on the remaining Rezotube modules, go to the same menu selection, and select Yes at the Slave Mode menu and hit Enter. This puts these modules into Slave mode.
- Now on your Master module use the Up or Down arrows to find Auto mode.
- Hit Enter on this screen, and you will see your first selection of Speed. You can hit Enter and use the Up and Down arrows to choose your lighting speed. Once you choose a speed you can hit the Menu button to go back.
- Now, if you use the Up or Down buttons you can find the selection for Program. Hit Enter on this and you can use the Up or Down arrows to choose a desired program you want, or you can select Mix which will randomize the program selection for you.
- This is now setup for sound active mode.
What are the Ethernet ports on the Marq Lighting Rezotube module for?
The Ethernet ports on the Marq Lighting Rezotube module are for using this with advanced lighting software. When fully implemented, it will use a technology called ArtNet and Kling-Net with a computer on such software as ArKaos™ GrandVJ™, ArKaos MediaMaster™, or inoage® Madrix®. This type of software will configure automatically with the Rezotubes and other lights you may have, so you can control them.
As with DMX you will want to wire these up in the order the computer, software and your switching box will see them. This picture will help with the configuration. For software setup, please refer to your specific software user guide.
To connect the Marq Lighting Rezotubes to the module properly, you will want to connect each tube in the order they will be displayed from left to right. If the cables are not plugged in correctly, the built in patterns will be displayed incorrectly. Please see the picture below to clarify proper cable attachment.
If this is happening please make sure the setting on the Marq Lighting Rezotube module is set to "Tube". If it is set to "Sphere" then you will have this sort of reaction from the tubes. Here is how to change this.
- Power on the Module
- Use the Up or Down arrows to find the selection that says Ball/Tube
- Once the display shows this hit "Enter", and use the Up and Down buttons to move the Brackets around "Tube", and then hit Enter. It should look like the picture below.
- The module is now set properly to work with the Marq Lighting Rezotubes.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Marq product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Marq technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.