NVII reimagines the hardware-software experience for the professional DJ. The NVII features an upgraded layout with clear markings for fast, responsive operation. It’s striking platter design with hints of red make the NVII one hot controller. It improves on the superior performance of the original NV.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is new with the NVII?
- Is the NVII class complaint? Do I need to install a driver?
- What size are the platters on NVII?
- What size are the display screens on NVII?
- What are the dimensions and weight?
- What are the supported operating systems?
- Does NVII require a computer?
- Is the crossfader user replaceable?
- Are there volume, and crossfader slope adjustments?
- What preferences need to be set in order use NVII with the laptop closed?
- Does NVII work with Virtual DJ, Traktor, and other DJ programs?
- What is the on board sound card of NVII?What is the on board sound card of NVII?
- What type of pads are on NVII, and are the velocity sensitive?
- Is the full version of Serato DJ included with NVII?
- Are the knobs touch sensitive?
- Does NVII require power supply or will it work off of USB Bus power?
- Are cases available?
- Where can I learn more about the Numark NVII?
The NVII brings some new and exciting features to this controller to give more advanced functionality with Serato DJ based on real-world feedback from NV users. These new features include:
- Gridlines on the screens so DJs can visualize the beat of their tracks more accurately
- 5-column sort options for sorting by Album, artist, song, BPM or key
- Additional columns for Key, BPM, and Time
- Push to Load via knob
- Dedicated deck swap button
- Dedicated controls for beat jump and quantize
NVII has dual 5-inch hyper-responsive platters with search and scratch modes.
NVII has dual 4.3 inch full-color displays which provide 1:1 real-time visualization of Serato DJ.
- 21.6" x 13.4" x 2.1" (54.9 cm x 34.0 cm x 5.4 cm)
- 7.0 lbs. (3.2 kg)
NVII supports Mac OS X 10.8 and higher, and Windows 8 and higher.
Yes. The NVII is a Serato DJ controller, and requires that Serato DJ is running on a compatible computer.
Yes! The NVII has a CF Contour Switch, and you can adjust the level inside the Serato DJ preferences.
In order to use NVII with a closed laptop you will need to ensure that your computer does not automatically go to sleep or hibernate when the laptop is closed. For Mac we recommend using "Caffeine" and "NoSleep". On Windows computer you can simply adjust your power settings.
Also, you can refer to this link for instructions on how to DJ with your laptop closed.
NVII has been developed from the ground up as an amazing controller for Serato DJ. Numark and Serato have carefully tuned and mapped each control to create the best possible out-of-the-box user experience with the included Serato DJ software.
However, since NVII's hardware controls appear to your computer as a generic MIDI device, it can indeed be custom-mapped to any other DJ application that supports user or developer-created custom mapping.
A note about the NVII's onboard screens: They were designed expressly for use with Serato DJ. In most situations, only the knobs and sliders will work other software applications that can be easily mapped to NVII. One notable exception is Virtual DJ, which has managed to figure out a way to send data to the NVII screens as of Virtual DJ 8 Build 2174.951. While the graphic elements onscreen will look exactly as they do when the NVII is used with Serato, VDJ 8 users are now able to take advantage of the NVII’s screens, as well as the rest of its functionality.
Users of Virtual DJ will of course need to configure the audio portion to use the NVII audio seamlessly.
NVII has a built-in professional grade USB 2.0 audio interface.
NVII has 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with backlit RGB feedback, 10 pad modes for hot cues, loop slicing, and sample triggering.
Yes. NVII unlocks the full version of Serato DJ.
Yes. NVII has intelligent touch-activated knobs that provide groundbreaking control of filters, EQ and more.
NVII requires a 12V DC 2.0 Amp pin-positive power supply which is included with the purchase.
Third party manufacturers tend to make and create cases that are for or fit well with many Numark products. The first place we most often recommend looking is http://www.odysseygear.com/ The dimensions of the Numark NVII are: 21 3/5" x 13 2/5" x 1 4/5" (L x W x H).
Further Product Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.