The Numark Mixdeck Quad is a complete DJ system with a four-channel mixer that will put you in complete control at any gig and maintain the funnest environment possible. This article walks through the setup needed in order to get your Mixdeck Quad up and running with Serato DJ Intro.
Note: You do not need to download or install any drivers for the Mixdeck Quad to function as expected.
The audio interface in the Mixdeck Quad is class compliant. It uses device drivers that are already built into all Windows and Mac operating systems. This means that there are no extra drivers for you to install. This also means that the Mixdeck Quad will be compatible with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems the minute they come out - no driver updates needed!
- Connect your Mixdeck Quad to your computer. Please avoid USB hubs, and if you are using a desktop computer, use the USB ports on the back of the computer since they provide the most power.
- Turn on your Mixdeck Quad.
- Set the SOURCE set to PC MIDI on both decks.
- On the back of your Mixdeck Quad, make sure that the USB AUDIO switch is set to PGM/CUE.
- On the top of the hardware, make sure all switches on the center of the unit is set to MIDI/USB 1 or MIDI/USB 2.
Serato DJ Intro System Requirements
As with any software or hardware product, it is important to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Below are Serato DJ Intro's minimum system requirements and a list of compatible DJ controllers.
Computers that do not meet the minimum specifications may still install and open Serato DJ Intro. However, users may experience a variety of symptoms such as Serato DJ Intro crashing/freezing, slow or delayed response from your DJ Controller's platters/knobs/faders, and clicks/pops or other audio artifacts. Keep in mind that Serato does not support AMD processors, so make sure your processor is an Intel CPU.
Downloading Serato DJ Intro
To download Serato DJ Intro, visit the following link and provide your email address:
- If you've never registered your email with Serato, you will be prompted to create a password and provide your country. If you've registered your email with Serato before, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- After entering the requested information and clicking Continue, Serato will email you the download link for Serato DJ Intro.
If you do not see this email, make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.
In this email, click the provided link to download Serato DJ Intro.
If this is your first time creating an account or downloading Serato DJ Intro, you may be directed to a webpage asking which hardware you're using. Select the your controller from the list and click Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will be brought to another Serato DJ Intro information page. At the same time, the Serato website will begin your download of Serato DJ Intro automatically. By default, your computer may save items to your Downloads or Documents folder. If you are prompted to choose a Save Location or Save As, we recommend selecting your Desktop.
- Locate the Serato DJ Intro download and open it. On Windows, open the Serato DJ Intro application within to begin installation and follow the prompts to complete. On Mac OSX, you only need to drag the Serato DJ Intro icon to the Applications folder.
- After completing the installation process, you should now see a Serato DJ Intro icon on your desktop (Windows) or in your Applications folder (Mac).
Make sure your Numark Mixdeck Quad is connected first, and then open Serato DJ Intro. That's it!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.