Featuring the ideal combination of essential capability and compact design, the Numark Mixtrack Edge is a controller every DJ should have in their arsenal. This article walks through some Frequently Asked Questions about the Mixtrack Edge.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a separate audio interface to use the Mixtrack Edge?
- Can the Numark Edge be used with my iPad?
- Audio from the two decks in Virtual DJ are being sent to the wrong channels in the Mixtrack Edge. How do I fix this?
- I lost my software disk or authorization code for the included software. What should I do?
- Do I need a driver to use the Mixtrack Edge? Where can I get it?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
For further information on the Mixtrack Edge, visit the Numark Mixtrack Edge product page.
The Numark Mixtrack Edge has a built-in audio interface which allows for headphone cue-ing as well as an output for audio monitoring, so no other external audio interface is necessary to use the Mixtrack Edge.
The Numark Mixtrack Edge is not supported as an iOS peripheral and is not being marketed as an iOS-compatible device. It is intended to be used with the included Virtual DJ LE software on a supported operating system. However, as it is a class-compliant MIDI device, it will work with nearly any device that accepts such information. For example, to use it with an iOS device such as an iPad, and Apple camera connection kit and a powered USB hub would be necessary.
Even through just one USB cable connects the Mixtrack Edge to the computer, each deck, and the sound card are seen by the computer separately. Because of this, it is not always possible to force the computer to recognize the left deck first (as Deck 1), and the right deck second (as Deck 2).
In Virtual DJ LE, it is easy to swap which deck inside the software sends its audio to CH1 on the MIXDECK mixer, and which deck in the software sends its audio to CH2 on the MIXDECK mixer.
- Launch Virtual DJ LE
- Click the Config button in the upper-right of the screen.
- At the top of the window that opens, select the Sound Setup tab.
- Choose which deck configuration you would like from the pull-down menu. If your software is sending its audio to the opposite channels on the MIXDECK mixer, choose a different option from the pull-down menu to correct.
- Click Apply, then click OK to confirm your changes.
Numark has a process in place where customers can be provided replacement authorization codes and/or download links if they have lost their disk, or encounter difficulty authorizing the included software.
When circumstances allow, replacement authorization codes are issued to customers free of charge. A basic set of information is required any time a replacement code is requested by an individual. This required information and further contact details can be found on the website below.
Visit site below to for any authorization-related help:
Inquiries submitted using the site above will be fulfilled within 24 hours (not including weekends or holidays).
The Audio interface in the Mixtrack Edge is class compliant. It uses device drivers that are already built into all Windows and Mac operating systems. This means that there are no extra drivers for you to install. This also means that the Mixtrack Edge will be compatible with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems the minute they come out - no driver updates needed!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.