The NS7II is the most responsive DJ console ever created. Some parts of this controller have been designed to be user-replaceable. This guide is a step-by-step walk through on how to replace the NS7II crossfader.
- Tools Needed
- Parts List
- Removing the Crossfader from the NS7II
- Changing the Crossfader Plate
- Reinstalling the Crossfader
- Further Technical Assistance
- 5/64" Hex key or 2 mm Hex key (Allen Wrench)
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Crossfader PCB (Part# TWPC07C04901) REQUIRED
- Crossfader Screw (2 required for plate, 2 required for installing; Part# SC0305FIBI) optional
- Crossfader Plate (Part# MT113006001) optional
- Crossfader Cable (6 pin; Part# WR112615062G1) optional
Please note: The Screws, Cable, and Plate are re-usable for your NS7II's crossfader. The Crossfader PCB (above) is the only part that is required for a crossfader replacement. Please reuse the Screws, Plate, and Cable.
- Slide the four channel sliders and the crossfader to the center position. Remove the four channel volume slider knobs, as well as the crossfader knob by pulling gently straight up. Removal of the round rotary encoder, equalizer, and gain knobs is unnecessary.
- Remove the seven (7) hex head screws from the top.
- Remove the two (2) upper hex head screws from the front panel.
- Remove the two (2) upper hex head screws from the rear panel.
- Carefully lift the top panel from the NS7II, lifting from the front first, then the rear.
- Using the Phillips Screwdriver, remove the two outer screws on the crossfader. Do not remove the inner set of screws yet.
- Tip the crossfader toward the rear of the unit and carefully lift out.
- Carefully disconnect the crossfader cable.
- Connect the new crossfader, noting the orientation of the connector.
- Disconnect the Crossfader Cable.
- Remove the inner two screws from the crossfader plate. (Note: it is advisable to not do this over the NS7II's crossfader cavity, as screws dropped into the cavity can be difficult to remove and could damage your NS7II.
- Place the crossfader plate on the new crossfader PCB, ensuring that your cable connector and plate are oriented correctly. Replace the inner two screws.
- Reconnect the cable to the crossfader assembly.
- Tuck the crossfader cable into the unit to the left side. Seat the new crossfader in the opposite way it was removed, starting with the rear, then tipping forward.
- Replace the Phillips screws. NOTE: If the crossfader seems to sit too high or is difficult to screw down, you may need to tuck the cable a slightly different way. The NS7II is designed to have extra room to tuck the cable in the crossfader compartment.
- Replace the top panel, lowering the front first side then the rear.
- Replace the hex head screws on the front, top, and rear.
- Replace the crossfader and channel volume slider knobs.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.