The Numark NV hardware connects to Windows and Mac computers as a class compliant MIDI device. Because of this, the platters, knobs, sliders, and pads can be mapped to any DJ application that supports custom mapping.
Virtual DJ has released their own custom mapping for Numark NV in Virtual DJ 8 build 2174.951, allowing for flexible software control right from the NV hardware..
In the following guide we'll walk you through setting up Numark NV with Virtual DJ 8 and configuring the audio settings.
- Connect your Numark NV to your computer via USB. Power it on.
- Make sure you have Virtual DJ 8 Build 2174.951 or higher installed.
- Open Virtual DJ 8.
- Log into your Virtual DJ account if prompted.
- With Virtual DJ 8, the software actually automatically detects your DJ controllers soundcard when it's connected for easy setup. Click on Use Soundcard.
- Click Ok.
- If this is your first time connecting Numark NV to Virtual DJ 8 then another window will pop up. Simply click Ok. That's it!
- If you want, you can confirm that you're setup correctly in Virtual DJ 8 by following the Audio Settings below:
- VirtualDJ's detailed pdf guide to operating Numark NV with Virtual DJ 8
- VirtualDJ Support Center
- VirtualDJ 8 Operation Guides
- Additional articles about Numark NV