Lightwave is a powered DJ loudspeaker with dual LED arrays that beat and pulse to your music. They are perfect for any festive situation where you want both terrific sound and brilliant, exciting party lighting. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Numark Lightwave loudspeaker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I change the way the lights function and move?
- How many Numark Lightwave loudspeakers can I link together?
- How powerful is a Numark Lightwave speaker?
- What is the frequency range of the tweeter and woofer?
- What is the size and weight of a Numark Lightwave loudspeaker?
- Further Technical Support
There are a number of Light Modes available as built-in options in the Numark Lightwave loudspeakers. For example:
- Mood: The lights will light up solidly.
- Meter: The column of lights will simulate a digital volume meter. Lower-level signals trigger only bottom lights. Higher-level signals trigger all lights.
- Mix: The lights will light up according to the frequency spectrum of the audio signal. Bass frequencies will produce more red light. Mid-range frequencies will produce more green light. Treble frequencies will produce more blue light.
- Pulse: The audio signal will cause the lights to pulse with one color (determined by the Color Select knob) with their brightness determined by the Brightness knob.
- Party: When the Color Select knob is fully counterclockwise, the LEDs cycle rapidly through a pre-programmed dynamic show of colors and meter levels. Turn the Color Select knob clockwise from this position to change to a slower continuous cycle of solid colors. Turn the Color Select knob further clockwise to slow down how quickly the colors change.
To turn the lights completely off, turn the Brightness knob to its counterclockwise-most position.
Lightwave Powered Speaker Modes
You can connect as many Numark Lightwave loudspeakers together as you like!
Each Numark Lightwave loudspeaker contains a Link Output connection on the rear of the speaker. This connection uses a standard XLR cable (not included) to connect to another loudspeaker and the signal sent from this connection is a summed mono signal of all three rear inputs, post-Input Volume.
The Numark Lightwave not only looks like a million, but it sounds like a monster stack at 200W of peak power and 100W of continuous Class D amplification. The maximum SPL rating is 117 dB-SPL @ 1 meter (continuous, and 120 dB-SPL @ 1 meter (peak).
The total frequency range of the Numark Lightwave is from 60Hz to 20kHz. The woofer range is from 60Hz to 2kHz, while the Tweeter is from 2kHz to 20kHz.
The Numark Lightwave loudspeakers are easily transportable at about 22 pounds each and the dimensions are 10" x 9" x 31" (L x W x H).
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.