The following article demonstrates how to record streaming audio using Soundflower. Soundflower is an OS X system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. Soundflower is a free, open-source utility and runs on Mac Intel and PPC computers.
Download Soundflower for Mac OSX users.
After the download is installed, it is necessary to make temporary adjustments to the Soundflower preferences as well as the preferences of the MPC software.
- Go to Apple in top left of your computer screen and choose System Preferences. In this window choose Sound.
- Select Output. Choose Soundflower as your default output device. Close this window.
Now, find the Spotlight search bar at the top right corner of the desktop and type in "Audio MIDI". In the list that generates, choose Audio MIDI Setup and a window will open. Your settings should mimic the image the below.
- Next, launch the MPC Software. Choose MPC and then Preferences. Choose the Audio tab.
- Change the Input to be Soundflower (2ch). Click OK.
- Choose Sample Record mode. Select your INPUT SOURCE to be External and select INPUT MONITOR to on. Begin playing the streaming audio. Now click REC.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.